Welcome to my stop on the Blog Tour for The Christmas Wish List by Heidi Swain! I'm so excited to share an exclusive Top 10 list from Heidi, compiled just for me to share!
What They Say About The Christmas Wish List:
After being let go from her job in a swanky hotel just weeks before Christmas, Hattie is feeling lost. Even more so when her high-flying boyfriend announces he’s landed his dream job in Abu Dhabi and asks her to move with him. Luckily, Hattie’s long-time friend Dolly is on hand to help and invites Hattie to spend one last holiday in the small, festive town of Wynbridge, determined to give her a Christmas to remember . . .
Upon Hattie’s arrival, holiday preparations are in full swing. But for Hattie, whose Christmas cheer has long since run out, it’ll take more than mince pies and mistletoe to open her heart to the season once more. Relishing the task of reigniting Hattie’s Christmas spirit, Dolly suggests they create a wish list of all the things the season can offer, and with the helpful hands of Wynbridge’s resident handyman, Beamish, Hattie finds her frosty exterior is starting to thaw.
As Wynbridge prepares for its most spectacular Christmas yet, will Hattie leave snowy England behind for life in a sunnier clime, or will she in fact realise that her heart’s desire lies much closer to home? The Christmas Wish List is the perfect read this Christmas, promising snowfall, warm fires and breath-taking seasonal romance.
Heidi's Top 10 Things to At Christmas!
I can’t believe you’re making me cut it down to just 10 things, but I’ll give it a go…
- Kick December off by reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Watch each and every one of the festive films in my special Christmas collection
- Spend lots of time baking – mince pies and sausage rolls are always top of the list
- Take a trip into Norwich after all the presents are wrapped and delivered, to soak up the atmosphere
- Spend time with family and friends – especially those I don’t often get to see throughout the year
- Take wintery walks on crisp, cold mornings
- Decorate the house – it’s always exciting unboxing treasures from the loft
- Eat stilton and drink mulled wine. I tend to save both for December!
- Keep the radio tuned to Classic FM and a dedicated Christmas channel. It wouldn’t be Christmas with Elton John!
- Curl up under a fleecy blanket and read all of the books on my festive #tbr
So, there you have it, my top 10 things to do at Christmas. I’d love to know what you would put on yours. Merry Christmas everyone!
Thanks so much for sharing, Heidi! I agree with most of your choices, but no Stilton for me, thanks! xx
Here's What I Say:
A new book from Heidi, especially a festive one, always gets sent straight to the top of my tbr pile! They are just so full of joy, fun, love and laughter that I can't help but read them straight away!
I was so excited to get back to Wynbridge too¬This has to be one of my favourite ever book settings. I love how characters pop into each others stories and intermingle. It's sweet and fun.
Hattie's story is just amazing and I really enjoyed following her changes and growth as I turned the pages. She kind of reminds me of myself and my past relationship a little and I found myself really cheering her on. Dolly and Beamish, amongst many others, are just wonderful, loveable characters too. I wish I lived near them (never mind the fact that they're fictional!)
I also really loved the idea of a Wish List and I published my own on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if I'll follow through with any of it, December is going to be a really tough, up in the air month for me, but it definitely made me think about it.
This is the perfect cosy read, grab a hot drink and a blanket and let yourself get lost for a while. You'll feel so good afterwards! 11/10
Follow the rest of the Tour here:
Thanks to Harriet at S&S for allowing me to participate in this tour! xx