Skip to main content

Blog Tour Stop - A Summer to Remember by Sue Moorcroft


Welcome to my Stop on the Blog Tour for A Summer to Remember by Sue Moorcroft! I'm so excited to share an extract with you! This book is going to be a wonderful summery read!


What They Say:

COME AND SPEND SUMMER BY THE SEA!

WANTED! A caretaker for Roundhouse Row holiday cottages.

WHERE? Nelson’s Bar is the perfect little village. Nestled away on the Norfolk coast we can offer you no signal, no Wi-Fi and – most importantly – no problems!

WHO? The ideal candidate will be looking for an escape from their cheating scumbag ex-fiancé, a diversion from their entitled cousin, and a break from their traitorous friends.

WHAT YOU’LL GET Accommodation in a chocolate-box cottage, plus a summer filled with blue skies and beachside walks. Oh, and a reunion with the man of your dreams.

PLEASE NOTE: We take no responsibility for any of the above scumbags, passengers and/or traitors walking back into your life…


Extract from A Summer To Remember:


Clancy had driven for three hours and it felt like someone else’s hands on the steering wheel. Someone dream-driving her BMW away from London and the apartment in Chalk Farm she’d shared with Will. She hadn’t paused for a cup of coffee or a comfort break, not wanting to leave the car unattended. It was stuffed with her possessions and she’d lost so much she just couldn’t lose anything else.

Now she took a left from the A149 at the sign for Nelson’s Bar, which might sound like a pub but was named for Horatio, Lord Nelson, born along the coast in Burnham Thorpe. The bar of land on which the village stood bisected the salt marshes as it thrust out to sea.
The car purred through a belt of pinewood, the land rising like a ski slope until she burst out into sunlight, feeling for an instant as if all she could see was blue sky. Then the road plunged and cornered between two hedge rows. And she was there.

She drew up at the side of Long Lane and switched off the engine. Silence. Through a smeared windscreen she gazed at the homes peeping at her over hedges clothed in early summer green.
Nelson’s Bar. She’d been here only once before, for the week of Alice’s wedding – or not-wedding, as it turned out – but Roundhouse Row was just as she remembered it. Alice and Lee had lived in number one, the Roundhouse itself, a cylinder of white and red chalk stone with an occasional accent of flint, wearing its conical terracotta roof like a hat with windows.

Clancy climbed from the car and stretched. The salt-scented breeze filled her lungs so easily that it was as if a giant rubber band had dropped from around her chest.
She clicked open the garden gate and fished out the Roundhouse key. It turned smoothly and her footsteps echoed on worn red quarry tiles as she stepped inside the enclosed porch and then through the inner door. She paused to take in the ground floor, its central staircase cradled by hefty oak beams and posts.

Almost as the front door clunked shut behind her she caught the opening of the door in the opposite wall. ‘Hello?’ called a man’s voice, and Aaron De Silva rounded the stairs, dark curls longer than she remembered and tousled around his face, the line of his jaw shaded more heavily with stubble, T-shirt and jeans speckled with grass clippings.



About The Author:


Award-winning author Sue Moorcroft writes contemporary women’s fiction with occasionally unexpected themes. She’s won a Readers’ Best Romantic Read Award and been nominated for others, including a ‘RoNA’ (Romantic Novel Award). Sue’s a Katie Fforde Bursary Award winner, a past vice chair of the Romantic Novelists’ Association and editor of its two anthologies.
She also writes short stories, serials, articles, writing ‘how to’ and is a creative writing tutor.
The daughter of two soldiers, Sue was born in Germany and went on to spend much of her childhood in Malta and Cyprus. She likes reading, Zumba, FitStep, yoga, and watching Formula 1.


Follow the rest of the tour here:




A Summer to Remember is out today with Avon Books! Thanks to Sabah for sending me an advanced copy to read and review. This will follow at a later date.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...