Welcome to my stop on the Blog Tour for One Summer in Italy by Sue Moorcroft! I'm delighted to bring you a delicious recipe for Pork Saltimbocca too!
What They Say:
One Summer In Italy is out now with Avon books in ebook and paperback!
Aurora’s Pork Saltimbocca
6 medallions of pork tenderloin, about 1 inch thick
6 slices of Parma ham
6 large, fresh sage leaves
170ml Marsala wine
1.5 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Beat the medallions to make them slightly thinner and stretched out, and season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Lay a slice of Parma ham over each medallion and fold the ham over, wrapping the medallion as much as possible.
3. Place a sage leaf into the centre of each piece and secure with half a cocktail stick.
4. Gently heat the Marsala in a small saucepan.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the medallions (sage leave side down first) for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Then pour over the hot Marsala and let it all bubble and reduce for around a minute until you have a nice syrupy sauce.
7. Transfer the pork to warm plates to serve, removing the cocktails sticks and spooning the sauce over top. Serve with sautéed potatoes and a mixed salad.