Skip to main content

My Review of Five Go Glamping by Liz Tipping

Hi! Well, I've been very busy reading and this is the 3rd book I have read in a month! That is a lot for me! So, here is my review for Five Go Glamping by Liz Tipping/

What They Say:

Glamping Check list
Festival tickets
Double check best Instagram filter
Avoid thinking about work/Connor/five year plan!!
A four day break from her hectic life to relax in the countryside and hang out at a local festival (for free!) is just what Fiona Delaney needs. With her best friends, great tunes and a cool looking hat her Instagram shots are going to look A-Mazing!
Until suddenly glamping starts to feel a lot more like camping and Fiona’s in desperate search of a comfy chair, wi-fi and a chilled glass of wine. But when she finally makes it to the local pub she discovers this trip could be more than just a holiday, it might just change her life forever…

What I Say:

As I said in my previous post about this book, it intrigued me simply due to the fact that it was about Glamping and there was mention of a yurt. That's it. And then I started chatting to Liz, the author and I became more and more excited to read it. I was able to follow and join in Liz's excitement as publication day approached and that was so much fun for me!

Five Go Glamping is Liz's debut novel. I would say that you can tell it's a debut but I don't mean that in a negative way at all. I fully believe that Liz will perfect her skills (and skills she has!) and become a very strong and accomplished storyteller. She is a natural with character development, her dialogue flows smoothly and naturally and the little cliff-hangers are just suspenseful enough to hold your attention and keep you wondering.

Fiona is such a normal girl. She's clumsy, a bit ditzy, a worrier, a planner and a hopeless romantic. She's also grounded, loyal and sweet. Her friends Sinead, Steph and Kirk are so likeable. They are a great bunch and were easy to follow. We also met Weird Beard and Crazy Trousers, who were both bonkers and so fun! Not forgetting Sam, who was adorable and sweet!

The adventures of this gang made me laugh, cringe and swoon just a little. I loved the glamping idea and they yurt they stayed in sounded so cushy! I was a bit jealous! I can't wait to get to a festival like that with our bus!

All in all, I can honestly say I loved this book! It ended just the way I hoped for! I would love there to be a follow up one day. Maybe Six Plus One Go Glamping? Haha!

This is a sweet, funny and relatable story from an author I predict a bright future for!   9.5/10

Five Go Glamping is available from Carina UK now!
Thanks to Carina and Netgalley for my e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...