Skip to main content

Blog Tour Stop - A Parcel for Anna Browne by Miranda Dickinson

Welcome to my stop on the blog tour for the gorgeously sparkly A Parcel for Anna Browne!

I am a huge fan of Miranda Dickinson and her books are sure to bring a smile to my face so this book had me excited from the word go!

What They Say:

The gift of a lifetime?

Anna Browne is an ordinary woman living an ordinary life. Her day job as a receptionist in bustling London isn't exactly her dream, yet she has everything she wants. But someone thinks Anna Browne deserves more . . .

When a parcel addressed to Anna arrives, she has no idea who has sent it. Inside she finds a beautiful gift - one that is designed to be seen. And so begins a series of incredible deliveries, each one bringing Anna further out of the shadows and encouraging her to become the woman she was destined to be. As Anna grows in confidence, others begin to notice her - and her life starts to change.
But who is sending the mysterious gifts, and why?

What I Say:

Right from the beginning, this book had me hooked! I was drawn into Anna's world straight away and really liked her warmth and compassion. She's loveable and sweet, kind and caring. She's loyal to her friends but doesn't suffer fools. Her friend Tish was awesome! (I wonder why I liked her?!) Jonah was proper drool worthy and I have a picture of him in my head as a big, scruffy teddy bear and I adored him! And then there was Ben... I won't say a lot about Ben, but I wasn't so sure about him.

I liked watching Anna grow and change as her self belief and confidence grew with each parcel that arrived. It's a journey we all need to make, though I'm not sure how many of us actually do it! The gifts were so thoughtful and beautiful and the mystery behind it all kept me guessing!

I'm not sure what else to say that won't give the story away! You just really, really need to read this book! Like now!! This is what Miranda does to me! She leaves me babbling incoherently and unable to form a complete sentence, her books are just that good!!

So, just do yourself a favour and buy this book! Take from it what you will (a lesson I will carry with me!) and let it help you become who you want to be! A huuuge, sparkly, gift wrapped 10/10

Thanks to Francesca Pearce at Pan Macmillan for sending me a gorgeous copy of this book in exchange for my honest review! Also, thanks for the charm bracelet!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...