Skip to main content

Blog Tour Stop with Review- The Unwrapping of Theodora Quirke by Caroline Smailes

Welcome to my stop on the blog tour for The Unwrapping of Theodora Quirke by Caroline Smailes! This is my most anticipated book of the year!


What They Say:

Theodora Quirke has no reason to be merry. It's bad enough that she has to work on Christmas Eve but now there's a drunk bloke dressed as Santa and claiming to be St Nick hanging around outside her flat. Given he's professing to be the giver of Christmas miracles and nearly 2000 years old, she's wary.

Things get even more weird when St Nick insists he's there to save Theo. And with the next St Nicholas Day somehow fast approaching, he's even got a plan that'll change her life forever.

It all seems pretty straightforward, apart for one awkward fact:

Theodora Quirke doesn't actually need saving.

#TheodoraQuirke


What I Say:

 First off, everyone should read Caroline Smailes books! She's incredible and so undervalued as an author. Everyone should know her name. 


The Unwrapping of Theodora Quirke is hands down the most unique book I have ever had the pleasure to read. The plot is quirky and sounds a bit bonkers but believe me, it works!

St Nick is one of the most fantastic, complex yet genuinely lovable characters I have ever encountered. I howled with laughter, sobbed with heartbreak and truly grew to believe in him. St Nick encapsulates all of the good in the world, all of the hope that we all need. He's kind and caring and giving and completely selfless . We all need to be more like him.

Theo is the most beautiful young woman. She is so broken to begin with and I identified with her so much. She has been through some of the most traumatic events imaginable and yet, she carries on. When she meets St Nick, her life changes dramatically. Together, they are a formidable pair. As St Nick crumbles, Theodora grows in confidence. It's a beautiful thing to witness.

Through a very emotional story, there are lots of slivers of light. The holiday spirit, the festive music and decorations, it's all so fun. The humour in Caroline's writing is second to none. I properly belly laughed.

So, although this is a heavy, deep story, it's by no means doom and gloom. Oh, not at all! There was not one single second I didn't enjoy or have strong feelings about. It's one of those books that you want to race through but also want to savour. I wish I could go back and read it again for the first time!

I've said it many times before, Caroline Smailes is MAGIC! And Theodora Quirke proves it. The best book I have read this year!!  12/10 (my highest rating EVER!!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...