Skip to main content

Blog Tour Stop - How To Marry Your Husband by Jacqueline Rohen



How To Marry Your Husband is the hilarious new rom com novel from debut author Jaqueline Rohen. Perfect for fans of Sophie Ranald and Laura Jane Williams


Welcome to my Blog Tour Stop for How To Marry Your Husband by Jacqueline Rohen


About the book:

Rachel has just seen her husband David kissing another woman and she knows her marriage is over. To make matters worse, she has just discovered that her romantic destination wedding wasn’t exactly legal.

No marriage means no divorce. Heartbroken and angry, she and her friend hatch a fool proof plan:
Step one - Make David fall back in love with her.
Step two - Marry him
Step three - Divorce him and break his heart.

Simple enough. Rachel just has to be careful that she doesn't get swept back up in the romance…


Announcement from the Publishers:

It is with great sadness that we announce the sudden passing of our author Jacqueline Rohen on 28th
April at her home in Uganda. We don’t yet know that cause of death, though it was totally unexpected. The family request privacy at this difficult time. 

Our thoughts are with her family and her fiancé Matt at this time.
Jacqueline and her fiancé Matt dedicated their lives to the welfare of chimpanzees, protecting their habitat and supporting local communities in Uganda. Together they established and ran the Bulindi Chimpanzee and Community Project. You can read more about their work and donate to the project here.


Jacqueline wrote a piece for me, telling us where she got the inspiration for this brilliant sounding book. Here's what she had to say:

HOW TO MARRY YOUR HUSBAND INSPIRATION:

The story is loosely inspired by the 'divorce' of Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall:

Jagger and Hall got hitched in a ceremony on the Indonesian island of Bali in 1990, but a long legal battle prompted by their split nine years later ended in a court ruling that the union was legally invalid. When Hall began divorce proceedings in 1999, Jagger released a public statement saying they were never officially married.

Their story stuck with me for years. Did Jagger purposefully dodge a legal wedding? Did he know it wasn't legal? How many millions did he save in a settlement by doing so? Or did he only find out during the divorce proceedings? I wanted answers!

I thought the idea of a woman discovering her marriage wasn't legal would make a great premise for a television comedy drama. I jotted down some thoughts and drafted a six-part episode outline and forgot about it until going through some old notebooks in 2017! I used these notes for my first draft of How To Marry Your Husband.


Here's the link to buy the book: https://amzn.to/2VE0XAS

Check out the other stops on this tour and show the bloggers some love.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

Blog Tour Stop with Review of Home For Christmas by Heidi Swain

Welcome to my Stop on the Blog Tour for Home For Christmas by Heidi Swain! What They Say: Bella is living her best life in Wynbridge, with her beloved Spaniel, Tink. She’s found a way to keep the house she inherited from her grandparents while expanding her dream business – Away With the Fairies – and she’s ecstatic that Christmas is on the horizon!   In fact, everything is perfect until family friend, Catherine Connelly asks Bella if she’d be willing to rent part of the house to freelance author, Jude who is researching the history of the Connelly Clan and Wynthorpe Hall ahead of turning his findings into a book. The plan had been for Jude to stay at the hall, but he can’t cope with the chaos and Bella reluctantly agrees to open her door to him.   Initially, the pair clash but then friendlier feelings begin to grow and Bella finds herself wondering if Jude could become more than just another guest before it’s time for him to leave. That is, until he announces he h...