Skip to main content

Blog Tour Stop - Everything Changes But You by Jennifer Joyce

 

 

I'm thrilled to be part of the blog tour for this amazing book! I love Jennifer's work and this book is sure to delight!

 

Everything Changes But You:

Inspirational Films



My second novel, Everything Changes But You was inspired by the many ‘magical’ films out there. I love films like Big and Freaky Friday where a wish is made and the characters are altered – either switching places with another person or transforming into an older/younger version of themselves. In The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy is unhappy at home, but after being transported to a different land, she realises she wants nothing more than to be with her family again.

I took both of these ideas and came up with Ally, who is fed up with her life. She loves her husband Gavin, but feels like they’re stuck in a rut. Ally is jealous of the life her colleague Kelly leads. Kelly is constantly regaling the office with her wild antics, and Ally wants a piece of that. She wants a fun, spontaneous life instead of the mundane, structured one she’s stuck with. So she makes a birthday wish for a life like Kelly’s – and it comes true!

It was so much fun messing with Ally’s life. Where would she live? Who would her friends be now she has this wonderful new life full of nights out and glamour? But also, how would the changes in Ally have affected her relationships with those she loves; Gavin, her family, her best friend?

In the films, the characters usually learn something from their experience: that life as an adult isn’t all it’s cracked up to be or that it isn’t as much fun being a kid as you remember, that friends and family are the most important thing. Ultimately they learn that the grass isn’t greener on the other side. This message was important to me. I wanted Ally to realise that her life was wonderful and that other people’s lives aren’t always what they seem. But if Ally does realise how perfect her life was, is it too late to get it back?



Jennifer Joyce is a writer of romantic comedies who lives in Manchester with her husband and their two daughters. Everything Changes But You is her second novel and is available as an ebook now.

You can find out more about Jennifer and her books at



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...