Skip to main content

Introductions (again)

Hi! I’m Trish, more commonly known in the online world as @Tishylou. I’m 37 and I was born and raised in Ontario, Canada. I moved to Lancashire, UK in 2000 with my parents and my younger brother. My Mum passed away from lung cancer in May 2010 and my brother moved back to Canada last year, so now it’s just me and Pops. Oh, and Justin, He’s my fiance and business partner. We’ve been engaged for 12 years (no, I don’t know when we’ll get married!) and have worked together for about 10 of them.

My world is pretty simple. I like books, Twitter, tea, music and friends. I have had some really tough times (haven’t we all?) and all of the above things have helped me to come through them and start a new fight. This blog is, I hope, somewhere I can thank my friends for their support, thank authors for writing fabulous books (and to some of you for becoming friends too) and just generally share with you what goes on in my head. It’s not always a pretty place, but we get by ok most of the time.

I'm an open book and if you want to know anything, just ask. If you want to contact me regarding reviewing your book, leave a comment here or on Twitter. If you like what you see, let me know!

Thanks for following me here! xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Tour Stop with Review - The Silent Children by Carol Wyer

Amazon Links

UK🇬🇧http://amzn.to/2hcKJdFUS🇺🇸http://amzn.to/2xfylD8


What They Say:
The boy studied the bruise turning yellow at the base of his neck. With quick fingers his mother tightened his tie, and pulled his collar high above it. Her eyes alone said, We will not speak of this...

Years later, a man is found shot dead in a local park. On his phone is a draft text: I can’t keep this secret any longer. The recipient is unnamed.

Detective Robyn Carter knows this secret is the key to the case, but his friends and family don’t offer any clues, and all her team have to go on is a size-ten footprint. 

Then a nurse is found in a pool of blood at the bottom of her staircase, and a seemingly insignificant detail in her friend’s statement makes Robyn wonder: are the two bodies connected, and has the killer only just begun?

When another body confirms Robyn’s worst fears, she realises she’s in a race against time to stop the killer before they strike again. But just as she thinks she’s closing in, …

Blog Tour Stop with Review - The Missing Girls by Carol Wyer

Welcome to my stop on the Blog blitz for the fabulous third Instalment in the DI Robyn Carter series!


What They Say:

One girl found dead. Another girl gone... Long shadows danced on the tin walls. Inside the trunk lay Carrie Miller, wrapped in plastic, arms folded across her ribcage, lips sealed tight forever... When a girl’s body is found at a Midlands storage unit, it is too decomposed for Detective Robyn Carter to read the signs left by the killer. No one knows the woman in blue who rented the unit; her hire van can’t be traced. But as the leads run dry another body is uncovered. This time the killer’s distinctive mark is plain to see, and matching scratches on the first victim’s skeleton make Robyn suspect she’s searching for a serial-killer.  As Robyn closes in on the killer’s shocking hunting ground, another girl goes missing, and this time it’s someone close to her own heart.  Robyn can’t lose another loved one. Can she find the sickest individual she has ever faced, before it’…

My Review of The Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse

Welcome to my review of The Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse! What They Say: Nina McCarrick has it all: a loving husband, two beautiful boys, a well-appointed home and more time than she knows what to do with. Life is perfect. Until her husband, Finn, is killed in a car accident and everything Nina thought she could rely on unravels.Alone, bereft and faced with a mountain of debt, Nina quickly loses her life of luxury and she begins to question whether she ever really knew the man she married. Forced to move out of her family home, Nina returns to the rundown Southampton council estate—and the sister—she thought she had left far behind.But Nina can’t let herself be overwhelmed—her boys need her. To save them, and herself, she will have to do what her husband discouraged for so long: pursue a career of her own. Torn between the life she thought she knew and the reality she now faces, Nina finally must learn what it means to take control of her life.Bestselling author Amanda Prowse once a…