Skip to main content

Book Review - Falling For You by Heidi Swain

Hi! Hello! Welcome to my review of Falling For You by Heidi Swain!

Here's The Blurb:

Can love blossom amongst the leaves?


When Skylar Shawe moves to Nightingale Square in the heart of Norwich, she’s hoping for a fresh start and the chance to connect with the father she never knew. A break from the chaos of real life seems like the perfect way to catch her breath…until she meets Erik, the brooding but wildly handsome neighbour with a past he’s still trying to come to terms with.

Once a rugby hero, Erik Svensson now faces life on unfamiliar terrain after suffering a career-ending injury. Unsure of the man he’s become, he’s determined to live a peaceful life while he finds himself again. What he doesn’t expect is to find himself drawn to the new girl in Nightingale Square.

But sometimes, life – and love – has a way of sneaking up on you. As they navigate their new lives and their own troubles, they discover that healing isn’t just about moving on … it’s about letting someone in. And in each other, they might just find exactly what they didn’t know they were looking for...

Here's What I Thought:

Heidi Swain is one of those authors who never lets you down. The cosy, safe places she's created in her books, and the people we get to know genuinely feel like coming home every single time!


I love how they cross over and intertwine. In Falling For You we're back in Nightingale Square with Prosperous Place, the Grow Well, and Cavell Care home. We catch up with old friends like Beth, Kate, Freya and many others. We get to venture into Wynbridge for a day too!

This book follows Skylar and her father Rafe as they both embark on a new start in the Square. I absolutely loved the relationship they have! So fun, but full of love and mutual support. We meet their 2 cats, and of course, Grandad George. I adore they welcome they get in the Square and how they are invited into the fold immediately. Watching their stories unfold is an absolute joy!

Now, let's talk about Erik... I see him in my mind and I like what I see! He's guarded and hurting when we first meet him, but slowly becoming friends with Skylar helps him to eventually trust her and to open up. The way they support each other is just beautiful, even if I did want to bang their heads together at some points!

This book is like coming home! That's what all of Heidi's books feel like for me, and it's such a comfort. Absolutely deserving of a 5/5!

I gratefully received an ebook arc from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. 

The ebook and audiobook are available now, and the gorgeous paperback follows next week!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...