Skip to main content

Blog Tour Stop with Review - The Whispers by Heidi Perks


Welcome to my Blog Tour Stop for The Whispers by Heidi Perks!!


What They Say:

A MISSING WIFE. FOUR FRIENDS. WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH?

Anna Robinson hasn't been seen since she went on a night out with her four closest friends.
She has a loving husband and a son she adores. Surely she wouldn't abandon them and her perfect life. . .

But what has happened to her?

At the school gates, it's not long before the rumours start. Anna's oldest friend Grace is beside herself with worry - desperately searching for answers, and certain that someone is hiding the truth.

With each day that passes, Anna's life is under increasing threat. And a the pressure mounts, it won't be long before something cracks. . .

What I Say:

The Whispers is a slow burning thriller that creeps up on you. It's intriguing and keeps you guessing but isn't in your face.

It's subtly scary, dangerous in its quiet eeriness and it will draw you in. I've found that with all of Heidi's books so far. They aren't in your face, obvious thrillers. They make you wait and it's delicious!

I love the relationships Anna and the other Mums share. It may seem childish, but we can be like that with our closest friends, can't we? I wish I had that group on ladies on my side when life got tough. I think the themes explored were quite dark and a little terrifying, which made for a gripping storyline.

I really enjoy Heidi's books and can't wait to see what's next! 9/10

Thanks to the team at Arrow for allowing me to read an early copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

The Whispers is out now!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

Blog Tour Stop with Review of Home For Christmas by Heidi Swain

Welcome to my Stop on the Blog Tour for Home For Christmas by Heidi Swain! What They Say: Bella is living her best life in Wynbridge, with her beloved Spaniel, Tink. She’s found a way to keep the house she inherited from her grandparents while expanding her dream business – Away With the Fairies – and she’s ecstatic that Christmas is on the horizon!   In fact, everything is perfect until family friend, Catherine Connelly asks Bella if she’d be willing to rent part of the house to freelance author, Jude who is researching the history of the Connelly Clan and Wynthorpe Hall ahead of turning his findings into a book. The plan had been for Jude to stay at the hall, but he can’t cope with the chaos and Bella reluctantly agrees to open her door to him.   Initially, the pair clash but then friendlier feelings begin to grow and Bella finds herself wondering if Jude could become more than just another guest before it’s time for him to leave. That is, until he announces he h...