Skip to main content

Books of the Year 2020!

Well, it's that time of year again! My Books of the Year list is here and I'm excited to share it with you!



I have read 57 books (as of today, 09/12/20) but there will be at least a couple more to add, I'm sure.

Find me on Goodreads to see the full list of books I've read this year.

I chose my Top 15 books Plus a few special extras, as I read so many awesome books!

15. Pretending - Holly Bourne
14. The Gin O'clock Club - Rosie Blake
13. The Storm - Amanda Jennings
12. Flying Solo - Zoe May
11. Kate and Clara's Curious Cornish Craft Shop - Ali McNamara
10. The Secret Admirer (DI Natalie Ward Book 6) - Carol Wyer
9. Strangers - CL Taylor
8. The Secret Seaside Escape - Heidi Swain
7. In Case You Missed It - Lindsey Kelk
6. My One True North - Milly Johnson

5. My Pear-Shaped Life - Carmel Harrington
4. What We Leave Behind - Anna Mansell
3. Just My Luck - Adele Parks
2. The Unwrapping of Theodora Quirke - Caroline Smailes

1. Invisible Girl - Lisa Jewell

Favourite Non-Fiction:
The Boy Between - Amanda Prowse and Josiah Hartley
F*cked At 40 - Tova Leigh

Favourite YA:
Just Shelby - Brooklyn James

Favourite Debut:
The Life We Almost Had - Amelia Henley

Favourite Festive Read:
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day - Milly Johnson

Special Mention to the Book That Made Me Laugh So Hard I Did A Little Wee:
In Case You Missed It - Lindsey Kelk

So, there you have it! Happy reading in 2021!

Thanks to all the publishers and authors for making it possible to read so many awesome books!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

Blog Tour Stop with Review of Home For Christmas by Heidi Swain

Welcome to my Stop on the Blog Tour for Home For Christmas by Heidi Swain! What They Say: Bella is living her best life in Wynbridge, with her beloved Spaniel, Tink. She’s found a way to keep the house she inherited from her grandparents while expanding her dream business – Away With the Fairies – and she’s ecstatic that Christmas is on the horizon!   In fact, everything is perfect until family friend, Catherine Connelly asks Bella if she’d be willing to rent part of the house to freelance author, Jude who is researching the history of the Connelly Clan and Wynthorpe Hall ahead of turning his findings into a book. The plan had been for Jude to stay at the hall, but he can’t cope with the chaos and Bella reluctantly agrees to open her door to him.   Initially, the pair clash but then friendlier feelings begin to grow and Bella finds herself wondering if Jude could become more than just another guest before it’s time for him to leave. That is, until he announces he h...