Skip to main content

Blog Tour Stop - The One Who's Not the One by Keris Stainton


 
Welcome to my stop on the Blog Tour for The One Who's Not The One by the amazing Keris Stainton! 

What They Say:

A hilarious rom com about falling in love, falling out of love, and finding out who you really are.

Cat’s life has hit a brick wall. Since her ex ditched her without ceremony five years ago she’s quit stand-up comedy, landed in a steady but dull job, and lives in a tiny flat with roommates she knows only as The One Who Eats All My Food and The One Who Has Really Loud Sex.

So when she bumps into old friend Harvey and sparks fly, Cat is surprised – and horrified, because Harvey is her ex’s brother, and so absolutely, 100% off-limits romantically. Even if his dimples do make her insides fizz…

When she’s offered a new job abroad, Cat is tempted to accept – and leave her depressing flat and mess of a love life behind her. But will running away from her problems really solve them?

Fans of Jenny Colgan, Marian Keyes and Mhairi McFarlane will love Keris Stainton!

What I Say:


I always look forward to a new book from Keris, she's one author you can always count on for a laugh and a swoon.

The One Who's Not The One is just brilliant! Cat is a wonderful character, as is her bestie Kelly (and Arnold!). I love the dynamic they all have and they made me laugh SO much! To be honest, Cat and Arnold were probably my favourite relationship in the whole book! Adorable and so funny. Harvey, well, swoon! And Nick... Well, you just need to read the book for yourself... I ain't telling you anymore!

I like how Cat is a bit insecure and self-doubting, she's real and relatable. So many people will be, or have been, where she is and will constantly wonder what they're doing with their life or if they should want more. But Cat is also brave, with Kelly's encouragement. She isn't fearless by any means, but she will make a leap if she needs to. I admire that.

I missed my bestie, Kelly (back in Canada) while reading this. I also wish I had an Arnold. I laughed. A lot. I swooned, I had a little cry. Then I laughed some more. 9.5/10

Keris has me howling with laughter, whether in her books or on social media. She's so funny and sweet!



The book is out now, follow the buy links: 



About the Author

Keris Stainton was born in Canada, grew up on the Wirral, lived in London for a while and now lives in Lancashire with two boys, two guinea pigs, and an unhealthy (but enjoyable) obsession with One Direction. 

She's written books for children, teenagers, and adults and can almost always be found on Twitter.
 

Author Links: 
TWITTER:
https://twitter.com/Keris
Follow The Rest of The Tour Here:



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...