Skip to main content

My Books of The Year 2018!!

Hello you beautiful people! It's that time of the year again, time to round up the books I have read in 2018 and tell you which ones made my list. I love and hate this in equal measure. I love looking back on my reads from the year but I hate feeling like I left off a book that I loved or missed a hidden gem. I worked long and hard on this list and I feel really good about it this year. I have read 53 out of the 45 books I had hoped to read this year, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

So, here we go!

Best Character In A Series: DI Natalie Ward written by Carol Wyer

Best Debut: The Lido by Libby Page

Best Memoir: I have a tie here between Eat. Drink, Run by Bryony Gordon    AND 
Born In The Bed You Were Made by Brooklyn James

Children's/YA Book: We Are Young by Cat Clarke

Most Surprising Book: I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting. I don't normally read New Age or Romantic books, but I went to school with the author and was excited to try one of her books. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to read more!

Most Consistently Awesome Author: Amanda Prowse. I chose this author as she makes me laugh, cry and smile with every single book she writes. She never fails to make me feel all the feels.


Bravest Author and Most Powerful Book: Samantha Tonge and her gorgeous book Forgive Me Not. Sam has been so brave and honest this year in speaking about her alcohol addiction and has been so inspirational to so many people, myself included. 

Favourite Festive Book: The Mother of All Christmases by Milly Johnson

And My Top 12 Books of The Year 2018!

12. The Sunday Lunch Club by Juliet Ashton

11. I Wanted To Tell You by Anna Mansell

10. The Invitation by Keris Stainton

9. The Forgotten Guide to Happiness by Sophie Jenkins

8. The Man Who Didn't Call by Rosie Walsh

7. On A Beautiful Day by Lucy Diamond

6. VOX by Christina Dalcher

5. The Perfectly Imperfect Woman by Milly Johnson

4. The Fear by CL Taylor

3. Where The Light Gets In by Lucy Dillon

2. I Invited Her In by Adele Parks

And My Book Of The Year for 2018 is...

WATCHING YOU BY LISA JEWELL - Lisa has been my book of the year for the past 2 or 3 years now. Her dark, domestic noir style is really gripping and creepy. Her characters are so compelling. If you haven't read her books, please do. You won't regret it. I'm sure of it.

So there you go, that's it for another year. I hope you've read some good books and I hope you have found some reading inspiration from my little list.

Have a very Merry Christmas and all the very best for the New Year!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...