Skip to main content

Blog Tour Stop - Searching for a Silver Lining with Guest Post

Hello Lovelies! Thanks for joining me today! I'm super excited to welcome the sparkly loveliness that is Miranda Dickinson to my blog today as we celebrate her fantastic new book "Searching For A Silver Lining".  So, without further adieu, let's hand over to Miranda.
 
 
Meet The Cast - #4: The Silver Five
 
I always wanted to write about a road trip and when I created The Silver Five I realised their story would be perfect to tell using a journey. With lead singer (and now inimitable pensioner) Reenie Silver, the rest of the band lived out their dreams of stardom in the early part of the 1950s. Drawn to London from all over the UK, The Silver Five were put together in a group by enigmatic impresario and manager Rico, who promised them their dreams. I adored creating The Silver Five, not just as they are now but as the starry-eyed young hopefuls they were in the 1950s.
 
Reenie assumed lead singing duties, joined by talented nightclub singer June Knight, joker Tommy Mullins, handsome Johnny ‘Chuck’ Powell and fresh-faced teenager Alys Davis. As five people they couldn’t be more different and their time together as a band was characterised by personality clashes, rivalries, disappointments but also great hopes and fun. Then, in 1956, on the night of their biggest gig at The Palm Grove, the band split up – causing a sixty-year rift and the end of their collective dream. Searching for a Silver Lining tells the story of Mattie Bell and Reenie Silver’s attempts to put that wrong right, by trying to reunite the band to play the concert that never happened…
 
If Searching for a Silver Lining is made into a film (dear Richard Curtis, you know you want to do this!) my dream casting of The Silver Five would be a who’s-who of famous British stars: Julie Walters as Reenie Silver, Dame Maggie Smith as proud and defiant June Knight, Derek Jacobi as loveable Geordie Tommy Mullins, Bill Nighy as handsome and funny Somerset singer Johnny ‘Chuck’ Powell and Phyllida Law as wonderfully eccentric (and a later-life national treasure) Alys Davis.
 
Thanks so much for reading this blog exclusive! For more, follow my Searching for a Silver Lining blog tour. I really hope you enjoy reading the story!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by Miranda! I love all these insights.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...