Skip to main content

2015 in Review

I actually can't believe we're at the end of another year. 2015 has been full of highs and lows, happiness and sadness. There have been some amazing moments and times I wish I could erase, but at the end of the day, these moments are what make me Me.

I have reconnected with one of my best friends this year. We have known each other since I moved here but we kind of drifted apart for a couple of years. But this year, she's been through a lot of changes and they have brought her back to my life and I couldn't be happier. She's my fellow book worm, junk food/crap tv loving Lady and I'm so glad she's back!

YOLO bus has evolved more and has become a lovely, cosy home for us. There's still work to do (floor and windows mainly) but I love it and the possibilities it has opened up for us. We are far more relaxed and settled now and have much more freedom to spend time doing the things we love.

2015 has also brought me some of the best books I have ever read! It's been such a wonderful experience being a book blogger and I am so thankful for every single book I have been given or recommended this year! I know I haven't blogged or reviewed a lot of them but I have enjoyed so many wonderful reads!

I have a huge TBR pile already for 2016 and I can't wait to get stuck in! Some of the books I'm most excited for in the new year are:

Pretty Is by Maggie Mitchell
Another Love by Amanda Prowse (I've already read this but it's not our until 16 Jan)
The Day of Second Chances by Julie Cohen
The Astonishing Return of Norah Wells by Virginia Macgregor
The Chocolate Lovers Wedding by Carole Matthews

There are loads more, but these will be some of my highlights! I also am setting myself a goal of clearing some of my backlog from the past 2 years too. I have soooo many books I haven't read that I really want to! I will rectify this!

I hope you have a wonderful New Years Eve and that 2016 brings you lots of happiness and plenty of good books to read! Thanks for sticking with me! Txx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...