Skip to main content

Life Gets in the Way

Long time no post.... Well, I'm sorry I've been absent yet again.

I can't ever seem to juggle real life and virtual life. Blogging always seems to fall by the wayside for me when things get tough or hectic. And boy, have things been tough and hectic...

If you know me well, you know what has been happening over the past 3 weeks. If you don't, sorry, I'm not going to tell you here. It's pretty big and pretty horrible, but I'm dealing with it and getting proper help to sort my issues out. So, that's the end of that. Actually, no it isn't. To the people who got hurt along the way (who probably aren't even reading this...) I am very sorry, like from the bottom of my heart sorry. Ok, that's the end now.

Moving on. Last Thursday night, I got a phone call just after 9pm from my dads friend and neighbour to say that Dad had fallen and he couldn't get up. He didn't appear hurt, just stuck on the floor. My Dad is very obese. Much as I love him and hate to say it, he is very, very large. This obviously has severe implications. So, J and I rushed over to help and even with 3 of us, we couldn't move him. The paramedics had already been called, they arrived about 90 minutes after the first call was made. They were brilliant but took one look at Dad and realized they would need specialist equipment to lift him and transport him to hospital. One medic stayed while the other went on a tour of Lancashire to get what they needed, she was gone a further 90 minutes. When she got back, we tried again to lift him, still with no success. It was decided that the fire department would have to help. So, at around 1am, 7 firemen arrived (yay, but no hotties!). It took a further hour to get Dad onto a stretcher, with a total of 9 people lifting him. So, all in all, Dad was on the floor from 9pm to 3am. He was taken to hospital to be assessed.

Friday morning I went to see him and basically they said he was ok, but they needed to stabilize some of the underlying conditions caused by his weight. I have been up everyday since he went in and have seen a big improvement in him but now the hospital say he's medically fit to be discharged. My issue with this is, he isn't fit to go home yet. He needs more carer, he needs a bed and a chair he can use and he needs someone to prepare meals for him. Whilst |I adore my Dad, I can't do it all by myself. I have tried. I want to, but I can't. I am currently fighting to get him in to either residential care for a bit of respite or a rehabilitation facility while we can get the equipment and care package in place. Dad just wants to go home. His biggest problem is food. He just lives of takeaways. It's heart breaking and I feel like he's choosing that over me. At the end of the day, he's a grown man and will make his own decisions, but I can't sit back and watch it anymore. He either has to make a change or I have to walk away now. Quite possible one of the hardest choices I'll ever have to make. I know that it will kill him. By the way, my Dad is only 64 years old. This shouldn't be happening yet.

Anyhoo, sorry for the rant. I needed to get it off my chest. If you've any advice, please leave me a comment.

In other news, I am starting to enjoy reading again. I finished Leaves For Chloe by Pat Elliott (still need to write review), am 3/4 through How I Lost You by Jenny Blackhurst (it's brilliant!) and finished Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella (fab!!). Next up will be Lost by Elle Field and The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson..

The bus is coming along well. The lounge is really starting to take shape now. I love it! The solar power is pretty much all working now and we can charge laptops and phones now (yippee!). I was told that I need to blog more about the every day living on a bus, so I will do that once things have calmed down. I owe you a million photos too.

So, once again, sorry for the absence and rubbishness that is me. Hope you're all well. If you're missing me on Twitter, you'll have to email or fb me instead. Have a great weekend! xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...