Skip to main content

My Review of Saving Grace by Jane Green


Jane Green is one of my all time favourite authors. She's my Queen of Chick-Lit (or whatever you want to call it...). She is the author who made me want to write. So, I was very excited when I got the chance to review her new novel, Saving Grace (Thanks, Netgalley!).

SAVING GRACE IS OUT TODAY!

What They Say:

Grace Chapman has an enviable set-up, living comfortably with her husband, bestselling author Ted, in a picture-perfect farmhouse on the Hudson River in New York state.

Then Ted advertises for a new assistant, and Beth walks into their lives. Organized, passionate and eager to learn, Beth quickly makes herself indispensable to Ted and his family. But Grace soon begins to feel sidelined in her home - and her marriage - by this ambitious younger woman.

Is Grace just paranoid, as her husband tells her, or is there more to Beth than there first appears?


What I Say:

Saving Grace is so different to Jane's other books. It's darker. Kind of like Girl Friday, in that it's got more of a gritty feel to it. It explores heavy subjects and some tricky issues. And I like it!

Don't get me wrong, this is still identifiable as a Jane Green book. It's just a bit more grown up and a bit edgier than normal. It's fantastically well paced, brilliantly written, sexy, funny, sad and sweet. I was captivated from the fist chapter and didn't want to put it down. Grace is a brilliant character, so strong but also full of self-doubt, at times. This makes her incredibly easy to identify with.

When Graces' world falls apart, she crumbles like any woman would do. She loses herself and it takes an old friend to help her find what she lost. The characters in this book are just amazing. I'd love to find myself in Lydia's kitchen one day. Ted is a bit of an ass. Sorry, but he is. Stupid man, taking in by a young, blonde girl who is so impressed by his talents... I wanted to shake him and tell him to get a grip.

Plot twists, great characters, gripping and hopeful. Jane Green at her finest! 9.5/10

I received an e-copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...