Skip to main content

Review - Sofa, So Good; Me Life Story by Scarlett Moffatt

I am so, so excited to be bringing you my review of Sofa, So Good; Me Life Story by Scarlett Moffatt!!


What They Say:

Fact: Did you know, over its lifespan, your sofa will witness roughly 293 arguments and 1,369 cuddles?

Hiya, my name's Scarlett Moffatt and I love random facts. Almost as much as I love sitting on me sofa. You might know me best from my most famous and celebrated sit thus far on the I'm A Celebrity throne. You might also know me from all sorts of other seats, most especially my Gogglebox sofa. Well this book is my attempt at telling me life story through a whole series of them!

So I'd like you right now to stop what you're doing and take a seat, whether it be in the comfort of your own home, on the top deck of the bus, on the tube (so you don't have to make eye contact with anybody) or on the throne of the house (a.k.a. the toilet). I want you to get comfortable and get ready to laugh, cry and maybe even learn a bit, as I chat to you about some of the highs and lows of me life.
So grab a brew, settle down, and let's start from the very beginning...


What I Say:

Oh... This book! It is incredible! I was a fan of Scarlett before reading this, having watched her on Gogglebox and when I was offered the chance to read her new book ahead of its' release, I jumped at the opportunity.

This is an incredibly honest, moving and funny look into Scarlett's life up to now. We are brought back to her childhood, a time where she struggled because she was quirky. We get to follow her journey to Uni, her early jobs and on to Gogglebox. We get to know her and her amazing family and follow their journey with Scarlett to this dream-like life she is living now.

What I love most about the way this book is written is that it is all Scarlett. You can tell she sat down and wrote every single word herself. It is her on the page. She is incredibly open, honest, funny and warm. She is just like us, she has insecurities and dramas. She is not afraid to be herself now, no longer desperate to fit in.

The journey Scarlett has been on, and no doubt will continue on, is so inspirational. She had a list of dream jobs and has achieved most of them. She has met most of her heroes and been to amazing places. And yet she takes nothing, not a single second, for granted.

I love it and repect her so much for her wonderful outlook. 11/10.

I feel so lucky to have read this book early, with huge thanks to Francesca Pearce at Bonnier Publishing for this opportunity!

Sofa So Good is out in paperback, hardback and e-book now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...