Skip to main content

Adventures In Hippy Life Continues - Originally Posted 10/08/14

Ok, so we've been living in our cosy little caravan for, what, about 6 weeks now. And I gotta tell ya. Life is good. I've never felt so peaceful and contented. Don't get me wrong, we still have our little spats about work and stuff, but nothing like we used to have.

Every morning we wake up and it's bright, no matter how gloomy it is outside, it's bright in here. That's probably down to the pink curtains, but I like it! We have breakfast together outside if it's not raining and then he goes off to work. I sort my Dad out and then spend an hour doing whatever needs doing. Whether it be boring stuff like laundry or ebay, or it could be reading or writing if nothing else needs me. I then roll into work for an hour or 2 and sort out postage etc. When that's done, I do a bit of food shopping and come back home. The rest of the day is mine. I spend a lot of time reading outside. It's great! I'm tanned for the first time since I left Canada!

In the evenings, we watch films together, sometimes while doing a little bit of work for ebay but mostly, not. We chat and laugh loads, which is lovely! On Sundays, we've been going for long walks, picking blackberries and raspberries and coming home to bake pies or crumbles. Perfect way to spend a sunny Sunday! We barbecue for tea several times a week and I've even started having the odd beer or glass (bottle) of wine with the guys. I'm so much more chilled out now!

We are still looking for the right bus but we are getting closer each week. We have had to build up stock in our computer shop in preparation for when we leave it, so that takes up a lot of time and money, but we're getting there.

I'm trying to start seeing my friends again and start having a life outside of Twitter. Don't get me wrong, I love my Twitter friends and I'm so grateful for them, but sometimes a virtual hug just isn't the same as a real one. I need to start making time for people again. We've booked to go to our first ever music festival at the end of this month. It's fairly local and a lot of the bands they have on, we had at the club (we used to run a live music venue, about 5 years ago), so that's pretty cool. We're taking the caravan with us. So basically, I'm taking my home to a festival with me! Haha! I'm really looking forward to it!

Right, well, that's you all caught up now, I think. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tishylou Is Making A Comeback!

  Hi! Fancy seeing you here! Well, actually, fancy seeing ME here as I'm the one who has been AWOL. Life has been changing so much for me these past 3 years that my love of blogging got pushed aside. But I just celebrated my 49th birthday and felt compelled to revive my blog. I have still been reading and reviewing, but it's mainly been short posts on my social media pages, like Tiktok and Instagram. I really miss long form reviews and the personal posts I used to share with you. So, I'm going back to my roots. I plan on doing a Get To Know Me post soon for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my crazy life. That will be followed by bringing and expanding some of my Tiktok reviews on here. I have chosen 10 very special books for my first 2 weeks of posts, and I hope you'll feel how much I love them and what they mean to me.  So, I'll leave you with this for now. To those who have always supported and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. ...

Blog Tour Stop and Review of All Wrapped Up by Heidi Swain

Hi friends! Long time no see! I have been so bad at blogging, and any book reviews I've done have been just on my social media pages. But it's tradition that when a new Heidi Swain book comes out, it HAS to appear on my blog! In fact, my last blog post was almost a year ago, for a Heidi book. If  you  know me at all, you know I love being in Heidi's books. They are so comforting, wholesome and hope filled. The locations are always idyllic and the characters always make me want to befriend them. All Wrapped Up is no exception. What They Say : In Wynbridge, the scent of autumn is on the breeze and love is in the air…   Clemmie Bennett has been renovating beautiful Rowan Cottage on the outskirts of the small town of Wynbridge, for eighteen months following a very public heartbreak back in her childhood hometown. The popular Instagram influencer, lost her husband, sold their home, and has been cosied up the Fens and living a very private life, but now she feels it’s time for ...

2015: The year of working, laughing, loving and living

Well, here we are. A week and a half into the new year. Are you all sticking to your resolutions? I am, so far. I decided that I want to be more Sparkly. That to me, means happier, nicer, more kind and caring. It means feeling good about myself and my choices. It means feeling free to love and laugh. Over the years I have lost my giggle. That was one thing my Mum told me in a letter she wrote me before she died. Never stop giggling. And I'm sad to say I did stop. People have noticed, family and friends have commented on it. My fiancĂ© has mentioned it more than once and it was starting to cause problems. I got quite depressed and struggled on a daily basis. Books were kind of a saving grace as was Twitter. But the real world and my REAL life were shut out. So, this year I have decided to change all of that. 2015 is my year of laughing, loving, travelling, working, smiling, playing and giggling. I will still read and review, but only the books I choose. No more blog tours unl...